Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome! (NEW blog:)

Welcome to my blog attempt (take 2).

Personally I find blogging therapeutic and a good way to stay somewhat connected to those who live far away, (aka everyone but Richard who is reading this).

This past year however, I got a bit blogged out (pretty sure I made that phrase up...), and needed a break from the whole blog world.  So I must admit, before I even attempt this venture again, that the whole "blog world" drives me sorta insane.

Hypocritical of me? Absolutely (this is my second blog after all, right??)...

But honestly, it just all seems a bit more self/image/baby picture focused than is healthy. (Okay fine, the baby pictures are cute). Not to mention, it allows us all to throw out our deep thoughts without really taking responsibility for them. You could argue that writing them down is taking responsibility for them, but I would beg-to-differ. For lots of reasons that I won't get into just now:)

Anyway, as I began to see this trend more and more in blogs, I also began to see it come out in my own. And lets face it, where better for an over-opinionated/sarcastic/closet sensitive person to vent their random thoughts, right?

......

Wrong. Well actually right, but at least it should be wrong. That's what I've learned in my detox from blogging. It can be a great tool, but it can also be a crappy, hurtful, and unnecessary tool.

Which is where I'm going with all of this.....

In this new blog attempt, I am going to try and hold myself accountable (and welcome others to too) for all the words I use. I want to do my best not to write anything that I wouldn't be willing to say out loud/in person to all of my readers.

Others can make their blogs whatever they want. I'm not suggesting they all look the same. But for me, this is the foundation I'd like to lay before I write anything else. For several reasons, I find it important.

In short: all I intend and hope this blog to be is a  fun way of sharing bits and pieces of my life with others, and hopefully glorifying God along the way.

Ummm.... so.... yeah.... just had to put that on the table.

With that said... Welcome to my new blog!! (Possibly the worst "Welcome" post ever... I know).  Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope the following posts will encourage or at least entertain anyone who takes the time to read:).

No comments:

Post a Comment